Top 10
Files & Links  
    Downloads
News  
    News
    Topics
Other  
    Recommend Us

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Beast.
--Riddick--
ThEOLdGuY
K!kyo
TorN
Meganoob

Make a small donation to support .o2o.

You have been warned!
We have caught 5799 shameful hackers.

.o2o.Fourms.

Main  | Search  | FAQ  | Members List  | Groups  | PM  | Profile  |  .o2o.Arcade.  |  Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  | Log in

Post new topicReply to topicprinter-friendly view .o2o. Forum Index -> The Gamers Den
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:50 pm Post subject: Quake Champions E3 Reveal Reply with quote
Meganoob
Site Owner
Site Owner

First  I've  seen  of  it,  will  post  more  info  as  it  becomes  available.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Steam Community ID Skype

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:59 pm Post subject: Re: Quake Champions E3 Reveal Reply with quote
K!kyo
Obligated2Own
Obligated2Own

I  almost  cringed  when  I  realized  that  the  trailer  suggests  Bethesda  looks  to  be  mimicking  what  Overwatch  and  so  many  other  hero  fps  games  have  done.
View user's profile Send private message Steam Community ID Yahoo Messenger Skype

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:57 pm Post subject: Re: Quake Champions E3 Reveal Reply with quote
Meganoob
Site Owner
Site Owner

Quake  Champions  Announced
 Quake.  Is.  Back.

The  fast,  skill-based  arena-style  competition  that  turned  the  original  Quake  games  into  multiplayer  legends  is  making  a  triumphant  return  with  Quake  Champions.  Running  at  an  impressive  120hz  with  unlocked  framerates,  id  Software’s  new  multiplayer  shooter  is  getting  ready  to  take  PC  gaming  by  storm  once  more.

Quake  Champions  features  a  roster  of  unique  characters,  each  with  their  own  distinctive  abilities,  giving  every  player  a  chance  to  play  to  their  strengths.  Get  your  first  look  at  Quake  Champions  and  some  of  its  heroes  in  the  cinematic  reveal  trailer,  debuted  during  the  BE3  2016  Showcase.

“20  years  ago,  Quake  set  new  standards  for  multiplayer  competition  and  pushed  the  boundaries  for  graphics  and  gameplay,”  said  Tim  Willits,  Studio  Director,  id  Software.  “It’s  important  to  all  of  us  at  id  Software  that  Quake  Champions  remains  true  to  the  Quake  legacy,  and  delivers  the  speed  and  gameplay  our  longtime  fans  expect,  while  also  pressing  forward  by  introducing  new  gameplay  opportunities  with  new  Champions  and  abilities.”

Following  its  launch,  Quake  Champions  will  be  supported  at  eSports  tournaments  around  the  world,  including  the  annual  QuakeCon,  which  takes  place  in  Dallas.  We’ll  have  more  details  to  share  about  Quake  Champions  at  this  year’s  QuakeCon,  August  4–7,  so  keep  an  eye  on  Bethesda.net.

Sounds  like  a  just  another  TF2  clone.  I'm  so  very  sad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Steam Community ID Skype

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:51 pm Post subject: Re: Quake Champions E3 Reveal Reply with quote
K!kyo
Obligated2Own
Obligated2Own

It  is  all  this  appealing  to  the  masses  crap..  I  am  sick  and  tired  of  seeing  games  that  attempt  to  take  away  the  element  of  actual  player  skill  by  giving  certain  advantages  and  disadvantages  to  characters  to  make  it  so  that  people  are  less  likely  to  quit  playing  or  not  buy  anymore  of  their  games  because  in  their  mind,  a  match  up  that  they  couldn't  win  was  deemed  acceptable.

To  prove  a  point..  It  was  found  out  recently  that  the  hitboxes  on  Overwatch  have  been  expanded  out  to  make  it  easier  to  get  headshots  or  hit  players  from  behind  a  wall..  And  Blizzard  is  calling  that  game  competitive.  Oh  please..

Some  actually  argue  they  did  it  because  of  the  whole  size  of  characters  argument,  but  that  is  what  differences  in  hp  and  such  are  for..  Lol.
View user's profile Send private message Steam Community ID Yahoo Messenger Skype

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:53 pm Post subject: Re: Quake Champions E3 Reveal Reply with quote
Nick
Post Master
Post Master

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvDyLCadGGY

Might  want  to  take  a  look  at  what  Tim  Willits  has  to  say  about  Quake  Champions  before  completely  discounting  the  game.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:55 pm Post subject: Re: Quake Champions E3 Reveal Reply with quote
.Ice.
spamz0r champ
spamz0r champ

Hmmm..  im  kind  of  with  K!kyo  about  that..  but  nothing  is  compared  to  the  glorious  quake  3  arena  we  all  know  and  love..  quake  live  was  alright,  but  after  watching  that  video  that  nick  posted..  he  makes  it  sound  promising..i  dont  agree  with  the  advantages  and  disadvantages  of  certain  characters  only  because  thats  what  made  quake  great..  you  had  to  be  skilled  to  play  the  game  with  all  the  weapons..  but  if  its  for  PC  only,  looks  like  i  have  to  get  a  PC  and  see  for  myself..

-Med.  Majic Mushrooms

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:08 am Post subject: Re: Quake Champions E3 Reveal Reply with quote
Meganoob
Site Owner
Site Owner

Below  is  the  text  from  another  interview  with  GameCentral

GameCentral  speaks  to  id  Software  veteran  Tim  Willits  about  the  Quake  reboot  and  its  old  school  approach  to  online  shooters.

Considering  they’ve  already  engineered  successful  reboots  for  Wolfenstein  3D  and  Doom,  few  people  were  surprised  when  Bethesda  announced  a  new  Quake  game  at  E3  last  week.  But  the  nature  of  that  game  was,  if  not  a  surprise  then  certainly  controversial.  Unlike  id  Software’s  other  classic  shooters  Quake  has  something  of  an  identity  crisis  and  the  question  was  never  if  Quake  would  be  rebooted,  but  which  one.

The  first  Quake  is  set  in  a  dark  fantasy,  quasi-medieval  world;  while  the  second  had  a  completely  different  sci-fi  setting  with  the  alien  ‘Strogg’;  Quake  III  Arena  had  no  plot  at  all  and  was  essentially  multiplayer-only;  and  Quake  4  (the  black  sheep  of  the  family)  deemphasised  the  multiplayer  and  went  back  to  being  about  the  Strogg.  Add  in  Enemy  Territory:  Quake  Wars  –  a  weird  mix  of  Battlefield  and  Unreal  Tournament  –  and  it’s  clear  that  Quake  is  simply  whatever  kind  of  shooter  id  Software  feels  like  making  at  the  time.

Quake  III  Arena,  and  it’s  free-to-play  follow-up  Quake  Live,  is  arguably  the  most  popular  individual  entry  though,  and  so  it  was  no  surprise  to  find  that  it’s  the  game  which  Quake  Champions  seems  to  resemble  the  most.  We  say  ‘seems’,  because  Bethesda  actually  showed  very  little  of  the  game  at  E3,  and  it’s  only  thanks  to  the  interview  below  with  Tim  Willits  that  we  gained  a  clear  idea  of  what  Quake  Champions  is  going  to  be.

We  asked  Willits  why  the  game  is  currently  PC  only,  and  he  offered  some  interesting  hints  of  it  eventually  appearing  on  Project  Scorpio  and  PlayStation  Neo.  And  perhaps  even  being  the  vanguard  of  a  whole  new  series  of  different  Quake  titles…

GC:  I’m  very  glad  to  see  a  Quake  revival.  But  it  strikes  me  that  Quake  fans  are  a  lot  harder  to  please  than  Wolfenstein  or  Doom  fans.

TW:  Yes.  It’s  not  a  MOBA!  [leans  into  recorder]  It’s  not  a  MOBA!
 GC:  Oh,  is  that  what  they’re  saying?

TW:  Everybody’s  asked  me  that!
 GC:  Oh  no,  my  complaint  is  quite  different.

TW:  [laughs]
 GC:  I’m  upset  that  it  doesn’t  have  a  Lovecraftian  single-player  campaign.  And  I’m  sure  there  are  other  people  that  are  complaining  –  crazy  as  it  may  seem  to  me  –  that  it’s  not  a  sci-fi  Strogg-based  game.

TW:  Yes,  yes!  [laughs]  So…  let  me  turn  that  question  around.  Tell  me  your…  you  play  a  lot  of  Quake,  I  take  it?
 GC:  Back  in  the  day,  sure.

TW:  You  mentioned  Lovecraft,  so  you’re  hardcore.
 GC:  [laughs]

TW:  The  codename  for  this  project,  until  Sunday,  was  Lovecraft.  And  people  that  knew  Quake  were  like,  ‘That’s  the  worst  possible  codename  ever’.  And  the  people  that  did  not  know  Quake  told  me  it  was  the  worst  possible  codename  ever…  But  your  memories  of  playing  Quake,  what  are  your  favourite  experiences  of  playing  Quake?
 GC:  Ah,  oh.  This  is  interesting.  I  remember  the  first  room  of  the  first  game  as  a  real  milestone  moment.  The  fact  that  it  was  in  proper  3D,  my  first  shower  of  gib  when  I  blew  up  a  monster,  the  gothic  architecture,  and  the  flames  and  fire…

TW:  [laughs]  That’s  it!  And  what  about  how  you  played  it?
 GC:  I  remember  it  being  very  fast,  and  I  couldn’t  cope  with  the  mouse  controls  because  I  only  used  the  keyboard  on  Doom.  And  I  kept  being  killed,  and  I  couldn’t  aim  up  properly,  and  I  had  to  learn  how  to  circle  strafe  and  use  rocket  jumps…

TW:  OK,  good.  Yes!  So,  what  we  found,  and  you  fall  right  into  this  category  with  everyone  else,  is  that  when  people  visualise  Quake…  when  you  say  Quake  you  think  of  Lovecraftian,  gothic  architecture.  But  when  you  think  of  how  you  played  it,  you  think  of  circle  strafing  and  combat  that  most  people  associate  with  Quake  III.  But  they  don’t  visualise  Quake  III,  they  visualise  Quake  I.  Most  people’s  favourite  memories  of  Quake  are,  ‘I  played  multiplayer  with  my  friends!’  and  dragging  your  computers  together  for  a  LAN  party.
 So  what  Champions  is  –  and  it’s  a  tight  focus  –  is  it  takes  that  visual  style  and  the  Elder  Gods  and  Lovecraft,  Cthulhu,  and  Shub-Niggurath…  that  look  and  feel  and  grittiness,  and  it  incorporates  that  in  a  Quake  III/Quake  Live  style  of  strafe-jumping,  rocket-jumping,  air  control.  So  it’s  very  important  for  us  to  be  true  to  that  feel,  and  then  it  adds  the  champions,  with  their  abilities,  as  an  evolution  of  our  genre.  It  adds  a  layer  that  makes  it  a  little  more  advanced,  gives  more  stuff  for  people  to  do;  it  modernises  it  to  some  degree.
 But  it’s  important  for  us,  and  I  designed  the  shareware  version  of  the  original  Quake.  So  I  know  how  important  it  is!  So  that  essence  of  what  Quake  is,  is  very  important.  So  the  question  is,  ‘Why  not  make  a  single-player  campaign?’  We  want  to  make  a  tight-focused,  multiplayer-only  experience  for  the  PC.  No  excuses,  no  limitations.

GC:  But  why  PC  only?

TW:  We  feel  that  it  needs  to  be  super-fast,  120Hz.  We  want  this  to  be  a  true  competitive  multiplayer  game,  and  we  feel  that  PC  only  –  and  I  love  my  console  fans,  trust  me;  I  love  console  guys.
 GC:  I  just  want  the  maximum  number  of  people  to  be  able  to  play  everything.

TW:  Yes,  but  we  feel  that  we  want  to  keep  the  scope,  we  want  to  keep  the  design  as  tight  and  focused  as  possible.  We  don’t  want  to  spread  ourselves  all  over  the  place.  I’m  not  shutting  the  door  on  console,  and  we  have  new  consoles  that  were  just  announced  this  week.  But  to  get  the  frame  rate  and  to  get  the  twitch  and  the  real  competitive  eSports  play…  you  need  PC.
 GC:  I’m  curious  as  to  when  you  made  this  decision?  I’ve  made  this  point  in  a  couple  of  different  contexts  already  at  E3,  but  there  does  seem  to  have  been  a  shift  in  the  variety  and  nature  of  FPS  in  the  last  year  or  two.  Where  multiplayer-only  has  become  much  more  accepted  and  realism  much  less  important.  Games  are  now  back  to  creating  weapons  and  abilities  purely  for  the  purposes  of  gameplay,  rather  than  some  boneheaded  idea  of  realism.

TW:  [laughs]  Yes,  you  don’t  have  to  worry  about  realism  with  our  game.
 GC:  With  the  originals  you  were  making  things  up  because  they  made  the  game  better…

TW:  Yes,  we  have  the  holy  trinity:  rocket  launcher,  railgun,  and  lightning  gun.
 GC:  Were  you  looking  at  the  industry  and  thinking  these  things  are  becoming  more  accepted  again  and  so  maybe  Quake  will  have  an  even  bigger  audience  than  normal,  or  was  this  just  parallel  evolution?

TW:  I  think  it  was  parallel  evolution.  So,  Quake  Live…  Quake  Live,  which  morphed  from  Quake  III,  ran  for  16  years.
 GC:  Did  it?  Has  it  really  been  that  long?

TW:  [laughs]  So  there  are  millions  of  people  that  love  playing  Quake  Live.  So  when  we  looked  at  Quake  Live  we  were  like,  ‘What  can  we  do?’  What  is  the  next  step,  where  we  keep  our  Quake  fans  happy  and  what  can  we  do?  And  we  thought  that  we  can  add  champions,  and  we  can  add  this  and  we  can  add  that.
 There  are  a  number  of  games  that  have  these  types  of  heroes  or  champions,  because  I  really  believe  it’s  an  evolution  of  the  genre.  And,  like  you  said,  people  are  more  accepting  of,  ‘This  is  a  multiplayer  game’.  And  plus,  it’s  Quake.  And  people  associate  Quake  with  multiplayer.  Especially  after  a  16-year  run  of  Quake  Live.
 GC:  So  how  far  are  you  taking  it  in  terms  of  them  having  individual  abilities  and  weapons?  Are  they  going  to  be  Overwatch  style  characters  that  are  almost  like  from  a  fighting  game?

TW:  So  this  is  how  we  approach  it,  because  that  is  a  really  good  question.  At  its  heart  we  knew  that  we  had  to  make  a  real  Quake  game.  You  play  the  game  the  same  way.  Now,  we  have  passive  abilities  and  we  have  active  abilities.  And  we  know  that  people  play  first  person  shooters  differently.  Some  people  love  the  strafe  jump,  some  people  don’t  rocket  jump,  some  people  don’t  use  air  control,  and  some  people  are  more  aggressive  or  defensive.
 So  you  could  pick  a  character  that  has  some  passive  abilities,  maybe  one  that’s  a  little  faster,  say,  that  fit  with  your  play  style.  Then  you  take  that  active  ability  and  that’s  what  you  use  in  specific  situations,  but  it  doesn’t  change  the  way  you  play  Quake  –  which  is  important.  And  we  were  nervous  to  put  the  champions  into  the  game.
 But  we  have  a  testing  lab  at  id  and  we  had  PC-only  Quake  Live  fans  come  in  and  we’re  like,  ‘Here  you  go,  play  it!’  And  they  really  embraced  the  champions,  they  felt  like  it  was  additive  experience  –  it  didn’t  detract  –  and  they  actually  said  at  the  test,  ‘Yeah,  you  need  even  more’.  And  they  gave  us  some  ideas  of  different  abilities  different  champions  could  have,  so  we  felt  good  after  running  some  tests  through  a  lab.
 GC:  So  how  is  it  going  to  work…  I  quite  liked  Doom’s  multiplayer…

TW:  Doom’s  multiplayer  is  awesome!
 GC:  I’m  not  sure  how  it  got  such  a  bad  reputation.

TW:  [whispers]  People  are  wrong.
 GC:  [laughs]  But  the  area  where  I  could  agree  with  them  is  with  the  loadouts,  which  really  didn’t  seem  to  fit  the  old  school  style.

TW:  There  are  no  loadouts  in  Quake.
 GC:  So  you  pick  up  the  weapon  in  the  map,  you  know  where  it’s  going  to  spawn…

TW:  Yeah,  so  you  pick  up  all  your  weapons,  we’ve  got  the  holy  trinity.  You’ve  got  timer  items;  we  have  timers  that  help,  but  you  have  to  get  the  armour  and  find  your  ammo…
 GC:  You’re  bringing  back  such  memories  for  me  now.  I  knew  this  guy  that  always  got  his  girlfriend  to  time  when  they  respawned.  And  they  all  used  to…  I  can’t  remember  exactly  what  they  were  doing  but  they  turned  all  the  textures  off  or  something,  to  make  sure  it  was  always  60fps?

TW:  [laughs]  It  was  called  flat-shaded.  It  normalised  the  textures  to  a  single  colour.
 GC:  That  was  it!  They  were  hardcore  Counter-Strike  players  as  well.

TW:  Yes,  yes.
 GC:  So  that’s  exactly  the  crowd  you’re  aiming  for  by  the  sound  of  it.

TW:  Oh  god,  yes.  I’d  be  dead  otherwise.  Can  you  imagine  making  a  Quake  game  where  the  Quake  pros  didn’t  like  it?  [laughs]
 GC:  Which  is  great,  I  absolutely  don’t  want  to  discourage  that  in  anyway.  But  the  question  then  is  all  about  accessibility.

TW:  When  Quake  first  came  out  it  was  pretty  intimidating.  People  are  afraid  of  Quake,  which  is  kind  of  awesome.  [laughs]  But  you  also  have  to  remember  that  gamers  are  so  much  better  now.  Some  of  these  multiplayer  games  are  so  advanced  that  I’m  not  too  worried  about  that.  And  the  champions  actually  do  help.
 Because  in  our  testing  we  have  found  that  people  that  are  not  as  super-talented  with  Quake  had  success.  The  best  guys  will  still  win  but  the  champions  have  really  helped  to  bring  people  in.  We’ll  have  better  matchmaking,  we’ll  have  good  league  systems  and  the  tournaments.  It’ll  be  more  accepting.
 GC:  How  are  you  expecting  people  to  learn  about  things  like  rocket  jumps?  Will  there  be  in-game  tutorials  or  is  that  all  going  to  come  from  wikis  and  YouTube  and  the  like?

TW:  We  definitely  want  better  on-boarding  and  we’re  definitely  working  on  educating  people.  But  if  you  have  one  thing  to  worry  about  and  you  can  be  successful,  then  things  can  grow  on  top  of  that.  But  when  you  immediately  start  a  game  and  you  cannot  be  successful  with  anything,  that’s  when  everything  falls  apart.  And  team  games  have  become…  we’ll  still  have  Deathmatch,  don’t  anyone  freak  out,  but  team  games  have  also  helped  a  lot  too.
 Now,  remember  the  old  Quake  –  you  just  played  Deathmatch,  right?  16  people  in  Deathmatch,  you  had  one  winner  and  15  losers.  And  it  was,  ‘OK,  I’m  a  loser.  That’s  not  what  I  like’.  So  we  are  putting  some  effort  into  making  sure  our  team  games  are  compelling  and  you  have  half  a  chance  to  win,  and  we  offer  those  opportunities  for  new  players  to  be  successful  and  feel  good.
 It’s  like  golf.  I’m  no  good  at  it,  but  I  hit  the  ball  once  and  I  had  that  one  success  and  I  feel  good.  And  I  think  we’ve  gotten  better  at  making  people  feel  good  and  allowing  them  to  be  successful,  and  that  will  naturally  push  them.
 GC:  I  don’t  think  you’ve  said,  but  how  are  you  monetising  the  game?

TW:  We  haven’t  talked  about  that  yet.  We’re  still  working  that  out.  But  we  do  want  to  make  sure  we  have  as  many  people  as  we  can.  I  mean  Quake  Live  has  been  free-to-play  since  2008,  but  we’ll  figure  something  out  that’s  inclusive  enough.
 GC:  That’s  interesting,  because  the  Overwatch  guys  hadn’t  decided  on  that  either  just  a  few  months  before  release.  I  like  that  working  out  how  to  make  money  from  it  is  a  secondary  concern.

TW:  We’re  worry  about  that  later.  [laughs]  Because,  again,  we  want  to  be  competitive.  Not  competitive  as  in  competitive  with  other  people,  but  we  want  the  game  to  have…  people  to  be  playing  in  leagues  and  tournaments  and  stuff.  So  we  need  lots  of  people,  but  we  still  need  to  actually  make  some  money,  so  it’s  hard.  We  gotta  figure  it  out.
 (The  PR  guy  comes  in  and  warns  us  we’re  down  to  our  last  question.)
 GC:  Obviously  you’re  not  going  to  announce  anything  today.  But  was  that  just  you  telling  me  a  story  when  you  say  this  doesn’t  close  the  door  on  other  types  of  Quake  game?  Because  if  you’re  making  something  that  is  this  specific,  that  implies  you  could  still  do  a  Quake  single-player  and  whatever.

TW:  We  are  not  shutting  the  door  on  new  consoles  or  single-player…
 GC:  Because  I  know  Jens  Matthies  from  MachineGames  would  love  to  make  that.

TW:  [Purposefully  ignores  comment]  We  wanted  a  focused  game,  draw  your  lines  and  make  the  best  game  we  possibly  can  within  those  boundaries.
 GC:  Will  there  be  any  lore  in  Champions  at  all?

TW:  Oh  yes.  The  fact  that  you  said  Lovecraft,  that  puts  you  in  a  different  category  of  fan.
 GC:  I  do  like  Lovecraft.  Well,  not  the  man  himself,  obviously.  But  Bloodborne  kind  of  renewed  my  interest  in  using  that  kind  of  backdrop  for  a  single-player  game.
 (We’re  interrupted  again  by  the  PR  guy)
 [b][color=green]GC:  I’m  done,  we  are  done!

TW:  [laughs]
 GC:  Well,  it’s  been  a  pleasure  to  meet  you.  I  look  forward  to  seeing  Quake  become  famous  again.

TW:  Me  too!  Great  to  see  you.

Read  More

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:42 pm Post subject: Re: Quake Champions E3 Reveal Reply with quote
ReAper
Obligated2Own
Obligated2Own

Millions  of  Quake  Live  fans?   Really  Willits...     Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:30 am Post subject: Re: Quake Champions E3 Reveal Reply with quote
--Riddick--
Obligated2Own
Obligated2Own

Interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:30 am Post subject: Re: Quake Champions E3 Reveal Reply with quote
K!kyo
Obligated2Own
Obligated2Own

He  is  exaggerating  numbers..  He  said  16  years  for  Quake  Live!  Don't  you  mean  6?  Lol..

Edit:  Because  in  our  testing  we  have  found  that  people  that  are  not  as  super-talented  with  Quake  had  success.  The  best  guys  will  still  win  but  the  champions  have  really  helped  to  bring  people  in.  We’ll  have  better  matchmaking,  we’ll  have  good  league  systems  and  the  tournaments.  It’ll  be  more  accepting.  

v.v

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:19 am Post subject: Re: Quake Champions E3 Reveal Reply with quote
.Ice.
spamz0r champ
spamz0r champ

I  might  have  to  get  back  in  shape  for  this  1   Cool  

-Med.  Majic Mushrooms

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:27 pm Post subject: Re: Quake Champions E3 Reveal Reply with quote
Meganoob
Site Owner
Site Owner

New  trailer  of  game  play  for  Quake  Champions.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:13 pm Post subject: Re: Quake Champions E3 Reveal Reply with quote
K!kyo
Obligated2Own
Obligated2Own

Mmm..  Surprisingly  looks  good.  I  can  see  some  of  the  abilities  used  which  don't  seem  to  be  game  breaking  (could  certainly  work  as  pickups)  and  cpma  is  the  best  strafe  mode  one  could  ask  for.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:43 pm Post subject: Re: Quake Champions E3 Reveal Reply with quote
Nick
Post Master
Post Master

I  hope  they  don't  screw  this  game  up.  I  just  built  a  new  PC  in  anticipation  of  this  game  and  a  couple  others  so  it  would  be  incredibly  disappointing  for  another  quake  failure.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:54 pm Post subject: Re: Quake Champions E3 Reveal Reply with quote
Meganoob
Site Owner
Site Owner

Tim  Willits  wrote:
Right  now,  there  is  nothing  on  our  development  schedule  about  a  VR  component  for  Quake  Champions,  but  if  we  did,  I’m  thinking  Spectator  support.  I  think  you  will  start  seeing  VR  Spectator  support  in  arena  multiplayer  shooters  coming  up  all  over  the  place.  Because  it  would  be  perfect!  Imagine  just  sitting  up  by  one  of  the  objective  points  as  players  came  in  and  fought  while  you  watched  them.

And  you  wouldn’t  have  to  sit,  you  could  move  around  as  much  as  you  want.  I’m  telling  you,  [VR]  is  all  about  Spectators.  You  could  push  that  mode  out  to  a  million  people,  who  could  be  at  home,  but  in  the  game.  Wouldn’t  that  be  awesome?  So  we  don’t  know  where  that  fits  [in  the  development  schedule],  but  we  know  that  Spectator  VR  would  be  sweet!

I  have  to  agree,  I  would  love  to  watch  matches  in  VR  live.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view .o2o. Forum Index -> The Gamers Den All times are UTC - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 2 Goto page 1, 2  Next 

Jump to: